Quantitative Trader – London / Chicago
- Job Type:
- Chicago, London, United Kingdom, USA
- Base: £120k + % of PnL
- 020 7871 4482
Candidates should have an outstanding academic and professional track record, a technical degree from a top-tier university, and a demonstrated history of developing successful quantitative models, preferably involving transaction cost analysis and/or high-frequency trading.
We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about taking a hands-on approach and collaborating with top technical talent.
Strong Python and Statistics is required. A focus on the practical delivery of working products to the business in a timely manner. Systematic/Quantitative Trading experience is desired.
The ideal candidate would have experience working in the at a Hedge Fund / Proprietary Trading Firm to develop, manage and extend systematic trading models. Experience implementing models in python or Java in a timely manner.
- Candidates should be innovative and analytical thinkers with strong communication skills, and they should demonstrate proficiency with the numerical and statistical tools needed to develop robust signals from market data
- Prior experience in Market making or algo Execution is key.
- Statistics / Computer Science or relating academic background
- Strong OO programming skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Daily management of Client’s trading and execution strategies.
- Working with quantitative analysts to implement and maintain trading strategies as well their parameters.
- Working with portfolio managers to implement any strategy alterations and portfolio rebalancing
- Working independently to complete projects.
- Financial MSc or PhD in a mathematical subject.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Our Client is a leading Systematic Hedge Fund